The stk1160 driver in the kernel (3.7 and upward) supports:
- video capturing
- PAL at 25 fps at 720x576
- NTFS at 30 fps at 720x480
- S-Video from input Nr. 4
- the CVBS + S-Video model and
- the four CVBS model (all four channels)
- audio capturing
- must be enabled in the mixer settings
- audio capturing only from the CVBS + S-Video model with built in AC'97 chip (3 chip Easycap; 48000Hz model) is supported
- The Easycap works even if it is connected to an USB 2.0 hub.
- Some USB 3.0 hosts may have bandwith limitation, then it can have problems with stk1160.
- Two (or more) stk1160 devices working side by side on one system
(If this is not possible, it's not a driver issue, but rather about USB bandwidth)
Only full PAL or NTFS frames can be captured
(this is important e.g. for settings in Zoneminder)
- audio capturing from the 8000Hz Easycap
The stk1160 driver doesn't support audio on
the four CVBS model and on
the the CVBS + S-Video model where the AC'97 chip is missing.
(Adding support for the 8 bit ADC in the stk1160 chip is planned in the future.)